Published: 16 Mar, 2021
INSIDE THE BLOG
Being sleep experts ourselves, we figured only offering products that ensure a peaceful night’s sleep won’t be enough. We need to think more, innovate and deliver more value to help you sleep better. Thus, after months of consideration, we have finally hired our very own sleep expert. As an in-house expert, will be sharing his sleepworthy tips, tricks and opinions and recommendations to help our beloved UrbanBed family.
In-house sleep expert at UrbanBed
Introducing *drum rolls please!* Dimaag Shah. As literal as his name suggests, janaab Dimaag Shah has joined us as an in-house sleep expert and will be sharing his sleepworthy tips, tricks and opinions and recommendations to help our beloved UrbanBed family.
As of now, janaab Shah will be sharing his valuable gyaan through all our channels.
To start with, here are few tips to ensure sleep comes easily to you by Dimaag Shah:
- Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man (and a woman) healthy, wealthy (not really, but “health is wealth”) and wise! Not asking to sing the age old kindergarten poem but, it might not be such a bad thing to set up a routine and stick to it.
- Sleep on all your problems. That includes a pillow, when you feel like taking a nap.
- A healthy lifestyle = a healthy sleep and a healthy you. This means less of “jhoom barabar jhoom ……..” times while holding a glass or a bottle of anything with alcohol in it, and frequent breaths of not-so-fresh tobacco flavoured air.
- A cup of coffee in the morning sounds lovely, but let’s just avoid it at night. At least before going to bed. While we are at talking about things to avoid before bedtime, how about adding tea, any kind of sodas and chocolates to the list?
- When hunger strikes before bed time, munching on tasty snacks might not be a bad thing. But, let’s just avoid heavy, spicy, or sugary foods four hours before bedtime. Else, your sleep may go on a strike.
- Daily workout is good for a healthy life. But exhausting yourself to sleep won’t work for long. Even otherwise, let’s avoid any physical activity an hour before bed.
- It’s none of our “business” but a peaceful sleep starts with a supportive bed i.e. a supportive mattress, a comfy pillow, clean sheets and a loving partner :p
- Ever lost sleep because of cold feet (literally)? If not, you might. Keeping the room temperature setting to ‘comfortable’ might help you sleep better.
- Let’s keep the bed reserved for the two things we all love the most… sleep and sex. Any other kind of recreational activities are a strict NO NO.
P.S: Not to state the obvious but do take a look at our products. I assure you, they are sleepworthy and Dimaag Shah approved. :)